Site Menu
Leased Land Permits
Leased Land WMA Permits

Arkansas hunters have more than 3 million acres of publically accessible land to enjoy hunting, fishing and wildlife watching. More than a quarter of a million acres of that is privately held timber company land, available thanks to the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission’s Leased Land Program.

The AGFC works to purchase land or permanent hunting easements on land throughout the state whenever it has the opportunity and the land fits in with what can be managed for wildlife habitat. In some cases, however, large landowners, such as timber companies, have no desire to sell the land, but do lease out hunting rights on an annual basis. The AGFC works with these landowners to lease rights for large blocks of hunting property where few options exist for hunting on public land.

Permits are available for $40 which entitle the holder to hunt, trap (trapper permit required) and camp on leased land WMAs. Leased land permits may be purchased at any license vendor or online. Youths 15 years of age and younger are not required to have a permit.

Recreational use of all ATVs, motorcycles, bicycles and ORVs is prohibited on Cherokee and Jim Kress WMAs. Hunters in possession of a valid Cherokee or Jim Kress leased lands permit are allowed to use ATVs, motorcycles or bicycles on open, maintained roads during an open hunting season while traveling to or from a camp site or hunting location only. Georeferenced WMA maps are available to download and print here.

Hunters must get permission from landowners to travel through neighboring private lands bordering leased land WMAs.